May 27 Great Discovery! (Neil)
Today, here in DaNang, Thong took me via motorbike to a jewelry store to exchange U. S. dollars for Vietnamese Dong. The Vietnamese owner of the store served in Co D 3/21 196th Light Infantry 1969-1970! I only had two 196th hats left and brought both on this trip...one for me and one for Katie. Well, now we're down to just one hat and I'm hanging onto that one! Katie had to cough hers up, I'm afraid. Mr. Man & Neil The veteran's name is Man and he spent much time in and around LZ Ross. He recalls a Lt. Black and a medic Dad (sp?) from LZ Ross. Now, listen up Spencer Baba, Man mentioned knowing Thua, who I will visit tomorrow! This is big news and Thong, aka Damn Guide, must be credited for leading me to Mr. Man. Man- Co D 3/21 196th LIB Thua-196th Light Infantry Brigade Man & Damn Guide Items have been secured this AM for tomorrow's visit to Thua, Duong, and Lady The. Must rush back over to Thong's place now. Neil

Comments
Post a Comment